We had a very beautiful day to celebrate Cohen’s birth. The weather couldn’t have been better and we were surrounded by family and friends. The theme was especially fitting for our “little” guy. He loves to eat but thankfully didn’t end the day with a belly ache like the caterpillar. I’ll let the pictures tell the story.
The food…The theme was based on the book, The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle, and made it really easy to decide what to serve. Since the caterpillar ate his way through food in the book, the guests ate their way through this food as well. I was very pleased with how the caterpillar cake turned out. I attempted to make a puppy for Sevea’s 2nd birthday and I’d consider the head falling away from the body a major fail. But this cake took minimal effort since I just baked two cakes in a bundt pan for the body and then Cohen’s cake was the head out of a normal round cake pan. Color the frosting, frost and done.
The Shirt: I guess I won’t be able to get Carissa to do my sewing anymore. I handmade this shirt for Cohen. And I will toot my own horn because I LOVED the result. But I think the best thing was that it wasn’t all that difficult to make. I hand sewed the whole thing but the stitching wasn’t intended to be neat so it wasn’t about perfection. I’d totally do this again…or wait I did. You’ll see my other project on Sevea :) Only recommendation…don’t let your child get poop all up the back of his birthday shirt an hour into the party :(
The fun: With it being such a beautiful day we spent our time outside until Cohen ended up with a red butt from his up the back poop. He enjoyed some naked time playing instruments. This may have been a highlight of his day. Silly boy…doesn’t he know he can play with some instruments any day!
The presents: Cohen could have cared less about the gifts. He was only interested in standing and trying to climb the big green box. He didn’t try to open a single present. Even still we are very thankful. Cohen got some new toys (which he does like and his big sister loves as well!!) and some adorable clothes. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
The Cake: I think this was the best part of the day. From the looks of what was left of the cake, I think Cohen would agree. There was no doubt in my mind Cohen would attack the cake, however I couldn’t have guessed he would pretty much lay his head in the cake. I don’t think Cohen will be eating cake for some time :)
We had a great day celebrating our happy 1 year old boy. He has made our hearts swell with love and joy this past year and we couldn’t be more thankful to those who were able to share in his special day. Here’s to another fun filled year!
No comments:
Post a Comment