Thursday, March 12, 2015

Healthy thin crust pizza

So it has been quite a while since I’ve shared any food on the blog. But believe me I have been doing plenty of eating and trying plenty of new things. While I’ve tried plenty of not so healthy recipes, I’ve done a really good job lately in trying out more healthy recipes as well. It can be a little more work than just cooking a chicken breast and veggies but the little effort sure does pay off in terms of flavor and variety. However there are a lot of healthy dishes that are simple and really can help curb a craving for an unhealthy dish. Enter the flatout pizza. These are all over social media and I finally decided to give it a shot.

IMG_4049

It is so simple yet it was so yummy. I followed the method of this recipe here. Note this is only half of the flatout and I topped mine with sautéed mushrooms and turkey pepperoni. The key to making this pizza good is the initial crisping of the flatout (You can find these tortilla like flatbreads at pretty much any grocery store…I’ve found them in the deli section by the deli meat). Next time you’re craving pizza give this healthy version a try. We paired it alongside roasted carrots and it was a perfect Friday night meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment