Being sick stinks. But I feel pretty lucky that with having two kids in school and running a daycare we seem to stay pretty healthy. Knock on wood! The thing that seems to hit our house is the stomach bug stuff. But usually it comes and goes after a day so I’m not going to complain. I especially won’t complain when I get extra cuddles out of the deal. This time around the bug hit Brynna and for our little toddler you know that means more whining unless being held. While I loved the extra cuddles I just couldn’t get anything done and it happened to be the day that I had no extra help. Enter the Egrobaby that I haven’t pulled out in quite some time. I have to say it was just as comfortable now with 23 lb Brynna as it was with little bitty 8 lb baby Brynna.
Notice the outfit change. Thankfully I had just put her down so that I could switch from front facing to hip hold.
Needless to say it was an early night for her. Which in turn resulted in an earlier than normal morning for her. Not necessarily for us since she is our latest sleeper….go figure the youngest sleeps in the latest. Well the getting up a little early and the lack of feeling 100% resulted in:
a quick morning cat nap by 8:00. Troy was in heaven for two reasons: 1) these moments are rare considering Brynna’s age but also her extreme love for mom 2) he was having neck issues that resulted in really crappy sleep so some extra zzz’s were really appreciated.
So although being sick or caring for someone that is sick is no fun at all, we try to look at the not so bad moments during that time. All while we clean up to avoid another round of sickness :)
love that close up of Brynna.
ReplyDelete