Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Another cauliflower success

I’m a huge cauliflower fan. I love it raw with some dip. I love love love love it roasted. And I have come to find I love it in many dishes as a way to make it healthier. I’ve shared a cauliflower crust pizza recipe, a faux fried rice recipe, and a twice baked cauliflower recipe all made with cauliflower that are a healthier version to their counterparts. Well I’ve found another recipe that we really enjoyed that I thought was worth sharing as well. And it involves the flavor of pizza yet again. I mean how can you go wrong with pizza and anything to cure that craving for the greasy fattening stuff.

Cauliflower Pepperoni Pizza Casserole

IMG_4399

We made some substitutions but basically just roast or cook your cauliflower add pizza sauce and then any other pizza toppings you might want then you bake it all together. I’d use less pizza sauce next time or actually just add more cauliflower. It also reheated well. Since I like to have more protein at my meals than turkey pepperoni would provide we made it as more of a side dish and had chicken thighs along with it. It was a definite winner in our book. This reminds me I should add it to my next meal plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment