Sunday, July 31, 2016

4th of July 2016, part 2

While the water and weather were beautiful, sometimes you just need to take a break and have a little inside time. And what better way to spend some time inside than with a talent contest. The living room easily had enough room for all of us and the kids made sure everyone was seated and ready for the show. You can guess who was the leader of this whole idea as well as the most devoted.

IMG_6409[1]_thumb[5]IMG_6410[1]_thumb[5]IMG_6440_thumb[6]IMG_6436_thumb[8]IMG_6431_thumb[7]IMG_6425_thumb[7]IMG_6413_thumb[6]

It is clear that kids can create fun out of nothing. That’s why this vacation means so much to me. I don’t need to bring my kids to Walt Disney World or fly them to a tropical destination for them to have a blast. They create some pretty amazing memories just hours away from home. These kids love getting together and us adults just cherish the relationships they are building.

IMG_6450_thumb[6]IMG_6448_thumb[7]IMG_6447_thumb[7]IMG_6443_thumb[10]IMG_6397_thumb[10]IMG_6401_thumb[1]IMG_6368_thumb[12]IMG_6349_thumb[6]

The adults appreciate the time together as well. Each year there is a guarantee of good food, especially the lobster boil, good conversation, and just in general a really good time. Just like the kids the time we spend together strengthens the bonds we have with each other. I feel very lucky to have such good people in my life who support me as a wife, a mother, and a friend.

IMG_6275_thumb[8]IMG_6273_thumb[5]IMG_6270_thumb[1]IMG_6272_thumb[1]IMG_6271_thumb[8]

Even though this vacation is not centered around celebrating Independence Day we do still make sure to celebrate some. And what better way to celebrate than with fireworks! We don’t make a point to see a fireworks show every year but instead we buy a bunch of fireworks and light them off ourselves. The kids love it.

IMG_6491_thumb[1]IMG_6511_thumb[8]IMG_6509_thumb[1]IMG_6505_thumb[9]IMG_6493_thumb[9]IMG_6508_thumb[1]

Sadly vacation can’t go on forever and we packed up our things and headed home. But just like the prior years we left with good memories and thankful hearts. The tradition will live on.

IMG_6466_thumb[8]IMG_6488_thumb[1]IMG_6478_thumb[9]IMG_6475_thumb[8]

2 comments:

  1. Love the recap! I can come look at these when I get nostalgic for summer fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the recap! I can come look at these when I get nostalgic for summer fun.

    ReplyDelete