I had an appointment on Friday to see how everything was going with the baby. The appointment went well. I have been consistently measuring smaller than what week of my pregnancy I am on. This wasn't a concern for my doctor but at this appointment I decided to ask directly that this was fine. She said it should be fine since my measurements have been consistent but to schedule an ultrasound just to check things out. Another reason I love my doctor and I was totally fine with this plan :) We got an appointment for Saturday evening at 5:00. Here is a special look at the baby at 34 weeks:
The ultrasound tech was nice and got us some 3D shots. It was definitely different to see the baby so much past 20 weeks. Even with the normal ultrasound you could just see so much more. We could clearly see the baby smacking its lips. So cute! In these two pictures you can see the nose and the mouth. Right above the nose is the baby's hand in a fist. The tech tried to get the baby to move its hand but no such luck. The tech said the baby was telling us it had a hard day :)
We once again passed on the opportunity to find out the gender. We really love the excitement on the birth day. We found out some other neat things though. The tech said that the baby has some hair. Not a ton but some. So even with a lack of heartburn the baby won't be bald!! haha We also found out that the baby is very low. The tech needed to get pictures of my cervix and the baby was so low that she had to tilt me almost upside down to try to get the baby to move up a little. This was interesting because I keep saying that this one feels so much lower than Sevea. So I guess it is more than just in my head. We also found out that the baby weighs around 4lbs 6oz. Typically a baby gains 1/2 a pound a week so with 6 weeks left the baby could be around 7lbs 6oz. A lot of times the ultrasound estimates high (from what I have heard/read from others experiences) but I am not going to be surprised if the baby comes out around 7 lbs or so. A large baby would surprise me :)
We don't know a lot yet from the ultrasound since I'll discuss it with my doctor on the 25th. The ultrasound tech said that at this stage the measurements aren't as accurate. She said nothing looked alarming but they can't say too much. So we'll find out more at the next appointment. But what a fun special look at our little one that we get to meet so soon!
So amazed every time I see a 3D ultrasound photo. So nice to get a sneak peak at what appeldorn baby#2 is going to look like.
ReplyDelete