Friday, July 15, 2011

Week 35 Update

It is mind blowing to me to think about the fact that I most likely only have 5 weeks left before we become parents to another little life. Time sure hasn't stood still. We are very excited to get to meet the little one and get to know this life inside me. Troy and I differ this time on our anxiety for the baby's arrival. He was very curious and very excited for Sevea to come. I must have been enjoying the bed rest (great time off work) and loving the pregnancy that it wasn't until the days before her due date that I really got anxious. This time however Troy is more relaxed and I CAN'T wait to meet him/her. No rushing baby though...we still have plenty to do before you make your appearance. Please stay put for 4 weeks for sure :)

One reason I can't wait is because I am very anxious to know who this little person inside me is. Boy or girl? I LOVE not finding out even more this time around. I sit and try to picture who this baby will become and it isn't easy. Not knowing whether it is a boy or girl hinders this. Which I personally love that I can't paint this picture until the baby has been born. The second pregnancy is different though because I have something to compare to. I often get asked do you have a feeling whether it is a boy or girl. Because I feel this pregnancy is so different I assume boy. But I don't have any true feelings either way. Most people have guessed boy (maybe for the same reason as myself) so that further makes me guess boy. I was the same way with Sevea. Others guesses made me think a certain way. When I try to envision the baby I don't see either one but I often feel a sense of comfort when thinking of a girl. I think since all I know is Sevea and since until recently my side of the family was filled with girls, girl is just a natural thing for me. But getting to spend so much time with Grayson surely makes me know a boy would settle into our hearts just as easily.

Boy or girl I was ready for this baby to come last night. One thing I never experienced with Sevea was round ligament pain. I have had my share and then some this pregnancy. At first it was just a dull pain in the groin area and mostly came on at night before bed. A lot of times I could stretch or take some Tylenol and fall asleep with no problem. Recently though I have been experiencing sharp stabbing pains in the same area. It has made it difficult to walk at times but nothing too bad...until last night. We went as a family to grab something to eat and walking back to the car was painful and slow. Troy actually went to get the vehicle and pick me up because I did not feel I could walk any further. Since Sevea isn't always a fast walker and getting her in the car takes time I was able to make it to the car just as he was backing up. After getting home we had planned a trip to the park. Not wanting to leave Lily out of the fun and stay behind myself, I decided to make the trek. It took me twice as long to walk to the park than it took Troy to push Sevea in her truck wagon. Many times I thought my legs were just going to buckle and I wouldn't be able to stand. (Yes I see as how this should have been a sign to not push things further but I have a hard time with limitations when I feel like I can still push through) Thankfully our trip back from the park went a little better and faster. I hope that no woman has to experience this pain. Ouch!! It will be worth it but made me wonder if it continues how I can manage life for the next 5 weeks. Thankfully for now it just occurs at the end of the day.

Other than the round ligament pain I have been feeling great. Swelling is not something I have endured as of yet. It is crazy for me to be wearing my rings at this point. I am thankful! The baby still moves a lot which makes me smile and again thankful. It is fun to experience new things like the hiccups this time around. The baby gets them often enough that Carissa and Troy have both been able to feel them. And I almost forgot Sevea as well! At dinner last night the baby got hiccups and with Sevea sitting right by me she got to feel the baby move for the first time. She thought it was fun! With her on the go playing most of the day, I've just never made it a priority to have her feel the baby move. I am glad she got to experience it before the baby is born.

My 36 week appointment is on Monday July 25th. I'll try for a quick update at that time. As Sevea now will say grow baby grow; look mommy the baby is growing...pointing at my tummy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment