We’re definitely becoming one of those families that decorates for Christmas right after Thanksgiving. The kids get so excited to get the tree up and every year still LOVE looking through all the ornaments, finding theirs and asking all about them. I used to drag my feet on decorating but now I am just excited as they are to make the feeling of Christmas last a little longer.
Christmas or not I am always in the mood for cookies, well eating them anyways. I may not always be in the mood to bake but give me a cocktail and my twin sister and I’ll bake all day long. Which is exactly how Christmas baking goes in my life. The kids like to help a little here and there as well. I’m not too certain if Brynna will be excited about helping again. She was not happy about my little incident that left her white. Then again she realized how tasty she was so maybe I need to keep an eye on her so she doesn’t “accidently” spill chocolate or something all over herself next year.
We continued the Countdown to Christmas again this year. The kids just absolutely love this tradition. It easily gets talked about in some way each and every month of the year. A few of the highlights this year included hot chocolate and a movie. In the end Cohen didn’t like the hot chocolate at all, Brynna thought it was ok, but Sevea loves it. Verdict on the marshmallow sticks they received on the Countdown hunt? Approved and I’d like another. If they weren’t careful there was someone willing to swoop in and enjoy them.
The kids enjoyed a special family game night with UNO chocolate. A fun game made even more fun by getting to eat a piece of the game.
We made it back to their elementary school for gingerbread house making night. So fun to see how much better they get at constructing the house each year. And the level of thought that goes into the design has changed each year as well. I really love this tradition!
A special trip to the donut store, an ice cream treat, and a fun pig game were a couple other items that made the cut for Countdown to Christmas.
As spoiled as these kids are, I try to remind them that other kids aren’t as fortunate. We choose to participate in the giving tree at their school each year where they pick a toy from a list for a child less fortunate. We also participated in toys for tots at my gym this year for one of the Countdown to Christmas days.
You see that Super Mario Yoshi stuffed animal? Stay tuned for a Countdown to Christmas special day of fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment