Thursday, October 25, 2018

Lily Love

Lily was our first baby and will always be special to us. However she is still a dog so when the kids were young and took up more of our attention and time, that naturally meant a little less for her. Well I think we’ve certainly hit a sweet spot with her. The kids are older and have grown more attached. I find a lot more times of them loving on her. Of course she is still frustrating to us all. Like when she decides to chew through Christmas gifts for my daycare families. She still is always around trying to steal someone’s food. Which now is extra fun because in her old age her stomach can’t tolerate nearly as much human food as it once did (she once ate a bacon wrapped jalapeƱo popper with a toothpick still in it!) Garbage and burnt ashes are also fair game for this dog.

20180109_15260820180215_17315520180122_19241120171209_14515720180107_13344520180309_14303920180214_17275420171111_22472420171118_14333320180903_17251420180430_17260720170929_19550420180616_10074820180424_07115620180721_18132420180903_14515020180903_145157

I think her old age also makes me slow down and make her more of a priority. I steal snuggles when I can and just love on her at random times throughout the day. She’ll be 12 in December and we know our time with her could end sooner than later. So until that time comes I’m going to keep getting my Lily love as much as possible…all while not trying to kill her when she inevitably eats something she shouldn’t.

20180205_21405720180205_214052BX2A1039BX2A0958 (1)

No comments:

Post a Comment