Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas at Grandma/pa's 2010

Since my family had celebrated Christmas around Thanksgiving time, Troy and I only needed to worry about getting time with his parents. What a relaxing holiday this was for us. We truly enjoyed the holiday. We made it to Marshall early afternoon and spent the afternoon playing with Sevea. Troy's mom saved a lot of his old toys and Sevea remembered all the cars from last time. She really enjoyed her time with gMama and Papa. It was so great for Troy and I to watch them interact. There is something so great as a parent to see your child spend time with the parents you love so much. Troy and I have many wonderful memories with our grandparents and we feel fortunate that Sevea is making those memories too. After some play time we enjoyed a delicious ham supper with amazing mashed potatoes, california blend, and rolls. My mom loves ham and it was a staple for us growing up at the holidays. Recently we've done many different things when it comes to dinner on my side so I thoroughly enjoyed the good staple :) After the delicious meal retired to the living room for presents! Sevea sure was spoiled and Troy and I got some good stuff too. Sevea stole the show helping everyone open their gifts. Good thing she is the only kid! It was great to see her so excited  but the best was yet to come. We awoke on Christmas morning to Jaime cake (monkey bread)....I think there should be a rule that I wake up every morning that way. Afterward Sevea noticed Santa made a special visit to grandma/pa's this year. She pulled down the towel and found a sand/water table! I wasn't sure how she would react but she was so excited. We can't wait to set it up and enjoy it. Although the presents were great, the time we had was better. Relaxing and filled with love. Just the way it should be.







No comments:

Post a Comment