Thursday, December 16, 2010

A slinky and 13 years later

Yesterday Troy and I celebrated 13 years together. It is crazy to think of how far we have come in those 13 years. It all started with Carissa being oh so kind to drive everyone around town (we were pretty much the only ones with a license in the group....remember this is sophomore year in high school!). Troy and I sat in the back of the good ol' GEO and flirted with each other. Troy found a slinky and tried to get me to play with it. Little did I know this was his way to hold my hand...again high school :) We were so young and had so much to learn and experience. I never expected Troy to be the one for me but I am glad that God helped guide me in the right direction. He has become the most amazing husband and father that I could ever have imagined....actually better! It has truly been a blast spending the last 13 years of my life with him and I look forward to many more. (Troy commented that in 13 more years Sevea will be 15...now that is craziness!)
We took the later part of the night to enjoy some dinner together. The Zimmer's were kind enough to come watch Sevea so we could go enjoy some sushi at a place in Eden Prairie. We had a groupon so we needed to spend $40. Boy this ended up being a lot of money when one roll of sushi may only cost $6. We got a few rolls to share and they were amazing! We shared an entree and started with edamame. We had never had this before and we really enjoyed it. It was a great dinner for our anniversary. Not the typical chinese food that started the relationship but a new favorite :) We ended the night with some Cold Stone ice cream and cuddled on the couch together. It was a short night but an excellent one. I already look forward to next year!
Sevea making an anniversary card
Giving the card to daddy

Lily you can not have this candy...see how excited I am!

Good memories

Slinky - started it all!

Here's to many more years of happiness!!

No comments:

Post a Comment