Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The rest of Christmas 2010

After our time at the grandparents, we headed home to relax and have some family time. Sevea was really excited to open the gifts under the tree once we got home so we put everything away and got right to it. That is after we opened our stockings! This is my favorite part of Christmas and I get so excited for this part every year. And I am not talking expensive stocking stuffers...candy will do. We always had Christmas eve set for opening presents so I loved waking up in the morning on Christmas day and getting something more no matter what it was. Troy surprised me with a favorite perfume I had a while ago....I still love it :) Sevea got way more than we intended to get her this year but we did end up purchasing quite a bit of cheaper stuff and pretty much all of it is useful for daycare. It was fun to watch her rip the presents open...but her ripping them open is taking little pieces off and making sure to put them in a pile. Too funny!

We hadn't prepared enough for our traditional Christmas meal (only three years running now) so we had a gourmet dinner of frozen pizza and tator tots. This was just fine in preparing us for prime rib, roasted baby red potatoes, roasted carrots, and green bean casserole. Troy really out did himself this year with a rub on the meat. Each year I think it will just get better and better. Never thought this would have been our choice for a tradition but it is something I look forward to once a year...especially due to the price :)

No comments:

Post a Comment