Wednesday, December 22, 2010
Driver's License
I renewed my driver's license today. Yes I should have done this in September but for one reason or another I just never got it done. For those of you who don't know you have one year after it has expired to renew it before you have to take a test again. So I knew I was fine and just didn't put it on the top of the list of things to do. Anyway back to my story...growing up as a fat girl I never liked the number I saw on the scale. As it went down I enjoyed seeing that but still wanted to reach a magical number I thought was appropriate for me (I think this was the number weight watchers said would be a good goal). Well this number was the one number I have put on my driver's license since I can remember. It was my goal. Sadly I never obtained this goal. I got really really really close around Carissa's wedding but then packed on 10-15 pounds before getting pregnant with Sevea. Since then I have longed to get near that number. It seemed like I would never get there. Until I put these last 2 months to good use. Taking 13.5 pounds off feels great. It feels like I found a little bit of the Amy before being a mom to Sevea (although I would take the extra weight for her!!). Sevea was a great motivator for hitting the gym daily. I gave up drinking to help with the weight loss. This one I wasn't sure if it would help. But I am surprised that I think it did. I didn't drink that often but Troy and I would share some wine on a weekend or have a beer together some nights. Although having a drink or two doesn't add too many calories I think that spiraled into me snacking more at night than I would have. I cut back on my food intake during the day knowing I was likely to eat more at night. Plus choosing higher protein food really does work! Back to the story....so small steps helped and paid off in the end. And the point of the story, I renewed my license with my actual weight. I could have easily marked down my goal weight since I was pretty close to that but I felt good. I felt good about all I have done in the last two months. I vowed to use these months and I am so proud of myself for doing it. I will reach my goal and surpass it...I now know I have it in me again!
Labels:
Amy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am so proud of you!! You look great but to me you always looked beautiful, no matter the size. The biggest change I see is the way you view yourself :) Congratulations!!!
ReplyDelete