Wednesday, July 10, 2013

37 weeks with #3

I had an appointment on Monday and all was well. The baby had a good heartbeat and is doing well. The doctor checked me and I was 1cm dilated and 30% effaced. Looking back to Cohen I was 1.5/2 dilated and 50% effaced. We’re still thinking this one will follow suit and come around my due date. The baby is definitely head down though which is a nice relief. So we’ll continue to wait and enjoy the time as a family of four.

Sevea is getting very excited and asks a lot about when the baby will come. She knows it is now July and that is when the baby should be born. Too bad she doesn’t understand it is likely going to be the very end of July. She still really really wants the baby to be a girl and refers to the baby as a girl at all times. I think it will be very interesting to see her reaction if the baby is a boy. Even though she knows it could be, I have no doubt she’ll react in some way if we tell her it is a boy and not a girl.

IMG_7375

With only three weeks left (give or take), I am surprised at how relaxed I am about preparing for the baby. We just put up the pack n play/bassinet in our room. We’re hoping that the baby will do well in our room so we don’t have to move Cohen around just yet. Sevea was too noisy of a baby so we moved her to her own room at 2 weeks. Cohen started out in his own room from the day we brought him home. I’m trying to be relaxed about it since I know it won’t be too difficult to move rooms if needed later. We have to move the rocker out of Cohen’s room into our room yet and figure out where we are going to stash the baby clothes. Otherwise I think we are set for the baby to come home. I washed the neutral newborn clothes we have so the baby will have something to wear until I get out the boy or girl clothes once the little one reveals its gender on delivery day. I need to pack my bag and I think we’re set for when this baby comes. Typing this out though makes me wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment