Friday, July 19, 2013

Freckleface Strawberry

A couple weeks ago we received an email from Troy’s work saying that the owners of the company had recently purchased the Old Log Theater in Excelsior. They invited all employees including their families and friends to come out to the Theater’s summer children’s production of Freckleface Strawberry. The best part was we could attend for free the first week. Troy graciously took over the daycare one Friday morning so that I could take Sevea and her daycare friend Eloise.

20130621_091921

Off we go. They were both super excited for our special field trip!

20130621_095110

The musical is based off the book written by Julianne Moore. It was a super cute book and since the tickets were free I purchased the book for each of the girls.

20130621_095708

They did so well during the show. Being it was a musical I expected it to be music more geared towards kids but a lot was more Broadway sounding. They still enjoyed it but the couple times when more rap type songs were performed they really got into it. The story is about a young girl who has freckles and becomes embarrassed by them. She tries to hide them but in the end realizes they make her special. I was happy that the girls really listened to the story and took away a good lesson from it. Both of the girls were trying to find freckles on themselves after the show. Sevea has some on her cheeks already and I’m guessing with the amount of freckles Troy has she’s only bound to get more. We’ll continue reading the book to her in hopes that she’ll never be ashamed of her cute freckles :)

20130621_112320

No comments:

Post a Comment