- How many times does Amy go to the restroom during one day?
Troy
8. I tried to come up with a way to make this one funny but couldn’t come up with anything so I just guessed.
Amy
A lot more than before!!! Let’s see…Lily usually gets us up a little before the alarm (1), when we finally get up for the day (2), when I get to work (3), around 9:30 (4), around 11:30 (5), after lunch (6), mid afternoon (7), when I arrive home (8), after supper/mid evening (9), upon bedtime (10) This is a normal workday potty schedule for me.
- What do you think/feel the sex of the baby is? Why?
Troy
Well at first I thought it was a boy because Amy was carrying low but then we looked more into that myth and it was the opposite. If you carry low it’s a girl. So then I switched to thinking it was a girl, still holding some hope it was a boy. But don’t get me wrong, I’m not going to be disappointed if it’s a girl. I want both. I think no matter what I will be disappointed. Wait that doesn’t sound good. I mean I will be disappointed that it’s not the other. Get it?
Amy
I am really not leaning one way or the other. I usually end up thinking it is the sex someone else thinks it is. My sis Angie said a boy…thought a boy for a long time. Then a co-worker guessed my friend Leah’s sex of her baby without seeing her and she was right. So to her I am having a girl. But my thought right now is I am having a baby. I have no inkling towards boy or girl. No dreams or nothing!
- What is the one thing that makes you the most nervous about being a parent?
Not nervous at all. Lily is still alive. A kid can’t be too much harder, right? I mean it’s like a dog with a diaper. I guess I am nervous that the kid will be taller than both Amy and I by third grade.
Amy
I would have to say raising a quality child. There is so much as a parent to teach your child to be a quality person. I’ve learned so much from my parents by their actions that I hope my child does the same. As I have been told and seen, as a parent there is soooo much you don’t notice your child pays attention to. Kindness, respect, good morals and values. The poopy diapers, sleepless nights, and everything to do with raising an infant seems so small compared to the thought that your child may not respect other people or may follow a wrong path or doesn’t display the values Troy and I have.
- What has been the worst part of Amy’s pregnancy?
Troy
Um…am I allowed to answer this one? I think the safest thing to say here is, “Nothing. Everything has been teddy bears and rainbows.” I mean honestly is it safe to upset a pregnant woman? I mean they are more emotionally unstable than usual. I would say the worse thing has been trying to get her to stop doing stuff and just relax.
Amy
I have had a fairly easy/good pregnancy. At times the only thing I could complain about if asked would be heartburn. But that even doesn’t bother me much anymore. As of right now it would be my swollen feet/ankles and the baby pushing on a spot so much it is sore to the touch. The swollen feet/ankles only really bothers me when it becomes so bad that they get really tight and hurt. The sore spot….oh boy. The baby pushes on this one spot at the top of my stomach and it is quite painful. Luckily it isn’t every day all day. So I guess that is probably the worst…..I know I have had it easy.
- What personality characteristic of mommy do you hope the baby will have the most?
Troy
Her love for calling places for me. I would be lost without her in this department. I hate calling places for things. The least? See answer to question 14 for this one. I can’t take another person with this “power”.
Amy
Toot my own horn….alright! The most: My kindness. I feel I give everyone a try. I generally get along well with most people. I always remember watching my mom (remember your kids learn when you don’t expect!) She was always and still is the nicest person I know. Any stranger gets a smile and a hello. She was always having small talk with restaurant/grocery/gas station workers just to make their day a little more cheery. The least: My indecisiveness. I have the worst time making up my mind when other people are involved. I think too much of what others may want even if they don’t care. I would hope our child would know what they want and be able to say so.
- What personality characteristic of daddy do you hope the baby will have the most?
Troy
Just one? Really? How can I choose? This is going to be a hard one. If I had to choose, and trust me I don’t want to but you are making me, I would have to go with my love of horticulture. Just kidding, sense of humor. The least? Getting frustrated. I have a tendency to get very frustrated very quickly over very small things.
Amy
The most: his humor. Troy always says I never laugh at his jokes. But I truly think he is one of the funniest guys I know. He makes our relationship so easy with his laidback don’t take things too seriously attitude. I find he has a perfect mix. He jokes when it is appropriate and takes things seriously when needed. I absolutely think it makes our relationship a very easy one. The least: His patience. He has a much shorter fuse than I like. He normally just gets frustrated too quickly and wants to give up. I’ll get him to calm down and poof the thing is fixed. He never quits but it can be a bumpy road to the finish.
- Do you think mommy or daddy will be the better teacher and why?
Mommy hands down. It has already been established. My role with the child will be playing. Amy will handle the “hard” stuff.
Amy
Mommy…I feel like my time working at a daycare truly gave me some great tips and techniques for knowing how to teach a child when they are young. I very much look forward to trying them out as a parent….everything is different when they are your own! Daddy…I feel Troy will be a great teacher when our kids are in school. I think he can at most times explain something better than I can. He doesn’t take an hour to explain a 15 minute story!! Haha
- How many diapers do you expect to change a day?
None (wishful thinking) How many for your spouse? All (once again wishful thinking)
Amy
I expect to change the diapers when Troy is gone but then it will be even duty after that. Troy says he will not have to change a diaper but I know he doesn’t believe that statement. I’ll still get my alone time now and then so he will have to have practice! As for how many….everyday is different I am sure!
- How much do you expect to pay for baby related items a month (daycare, diapers, etc)?
Too darn much. Man these baby things cost a lot. Something that little should be so expensive.
Amy
Oh boy….too much!! I hope we are conservative on our spending. When we first got Lily we bought her new toys all the time. But we thought it was necessary for her puppy phase of being bored and chewing on things and such. So limited amount on non-necessities! Daycare $800 Diapers $150 Food…hopefully nothing until months after the baby is born. We’ll see how much more we spend soon!! J
- Who will be getting up with the baby at 2 in the morning? With Lily?
Troy
Well if Lily is any indication of how things will work with baby: Aim, you just stay all nice and warm in bed. There is nothing I would want to do more than get up with crying Baby/Lily (read with a sarcastic tone).
Amy
I think for the first few days or maybe weeks it will be Troy and I both. Actually I don’t think Troy will sleep very well. We watched Vicky’s son Parker when he was around 3 weeks old. Troy hardly slept. Kept getting up to make sure he was still breathing. Just kept thinking that since he couldn’t hear him (Parker was in the room with us!!) it wasn’t that Parker was sleeping it was that he was not breathing. J If breastfeeding goes well I will be the one getting up for obvious reasons! Not to say Troy won’t get up without me asking. He may very well be nice and help out. Lily….Troy is very great about getting up with her every morning during the week. I get the weekends. But we both aren’t the type to take advantage of one another and will get up if needed.
- What have been mommy’s pregnancy food cravings? Daddy cravings?
Chips (she thinks it’s a craving. Yeah its always a craving pregnant or not) Cheese is her only real craving. As for Daddy, Daddy craves what all daddies crave *wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge*
Amy
Chips!!! I think this has been my biggest craving that has lasted my whole pregnancy. I have always enjoyed chips but I have never really craved them like I do now. I think it is the crunchiness. It can be any flavor of chip. Doesn’t matter. I had a craving for carrot cake. Turned out I really just wanted more of one type of carrot cake…which I have been unsuccessful at buying again. Veggies and dip…this was an early craving of mine. Ate it all the time. Fresh fruit! Who doesn’t love fresh fruit but it has been something I have really wanted lately. Troy…I don’t think he has had any. He normally is fine with whatever I have. He isn’t the type who has favorites.
- What physical characteristic of yourself do you hope the baby will have the most?
My boyish good looks? Well maybe not cause if it’s a girl then it would be a manly girl and no one wants that. Um…I guess my athletic ability. (sounds like I am bragging, really I am not) Of your spouse? If it’s a girl I want her to be a spitting image of her very very (one more for good measure) very beautiful mother.
Amy
Of myself: My smile. Not that I love my smile, I just like that I smile with teeth. Troy never does J Of Troy: I love his little ears and his nose. The shape of his eyes is quite nice too.
- If there were no restraints with money how many kids would you have? How many boys? How many girls?
Total 3 Boys: 1 or 2 Girls: 1 or 2
Amy
This is hard to say. We are thinking 3 kids for sure. But if money doesn’t allow we hope to be blessed with at least 2. But we have thrown out the idea of 4. I am so used to a big family and a very close one since we are sooooo close in age. So I would love to have a big family feel and that is 3 or 4. I wouldn’t care too much on how many boys or girls. I would just love to be blessed with one of each.
- Has mommy ever made daddy do something solely based on the fact that she was pregnant even though she could have done it herself, what?
Carissa can attest to this. This is one of Amy’s hidden talents. She can be standing in front of the refrigerator with her hand not more than an inch away from a can of pop and you can be out mowing the lawn or something and she will ask you if you can get it for her. And of course you do it. Man she is good. And pregnancy has only enhanced this “skill”.
Amy
Not that I can really think of. When I wasn’t pregnant I would often ask Troy for something to drink or a snack or something. Even if he was laying down watching t.v. with me J So that isn’t anything new. Lately Troy hasn’t let me do much. I am told to sit down and put my feet up. So I don’t have many opportunities! Troy may say differently on this one!!!
- What are you looking forward to the least about having a baby?
Amy’s increased drive to…um…I mean the lack of sleep. The most? Finally the wait is over. I can’t wait to meet our little bundle of joy
Amy
The least: sleepless nights. Who wants their sleep interrupted!! But I think it won’t be as bad as it could have been since Lily does get us up on a baby like schedule. (Well besides the early infant stage of every 2 or 3 hours) The most: The thing that makes me the most nervous is the thing that excites me the most! Teaching the baby and watching the baby grow. I get very excited to see it learn and see what personality it will have.
Ah, this is great!!! I laughed and cried all over again. Such a great keepsake for you guys and Sevea once she is old enough to appreciate how much her parents cared for her even before she was born. I love that your responses are so spot on with each other too. Hilarious!
ReplyDelete