Down to the last week (or so). I just cannot believe that the end is near. This pregnancy went by extremely fast and for which I am grateful but also it is bittersweet. All the unknowns will soon be answered. All the new experiences we’ve anticipated will soon happen. We will be in the new stage of our lives instead of just dreaming and wondering about it. Troy and I are VERY anxious to meet the baby and get to know all about him or her. Since this is our third child, we have two other special little kids to compare this one to. Will this one look anything like either of them? Will this one be more like one or the other in personality? One thing we do know is this one will be unique in its own way and we are very excited to see all of those ways.
Besides meeting the baby, I’m not overly anxious for the pregnancy to end. I’ve again been blessed with a relatively easy pregnancy. I haven’t experienced too much in regards to discomfort especially compared to many other women. Even with the extreme heat of the summer I haven’t experienced swelling this time around either. I’d say this is one of the symptoms I’m glad only happened with Sevea. Heartburn subsided around 37 1/2 weeks. Probably largely due to the fact that the baby dropped at that time. At my 38 week appointment I was dilated still to 1 cm and 30% effaced but instead of being at a –3, I was at 0. So the baby dropped 3 cm and it was clear in my symptoms. I could feel more lower. But I also had more room for food and the heartburn went away. I’ve still been experiencing some round ligament pain like I had with Cohen but also have been experiencing numb tingling hands that I had with Sevea but not Cohen. I feel like I have a giant baby inside since a lot of this baby’s movement as of late makes me think it is trying to just push out through the skin. However at my appointment on Wednesday I my fundal height had stalled. I measured 36 this week, as well as the week before, and just 35 the week before that. So the doctor ordered an ultrasound to make sure the baby was still growing and my fluid was good. The tech didn’t said there wasn’t anything alarming. The baby is measuring smaller but with my past babies it wasn’t a real concern. I haven’t heard anything from the doctor so I’m taking the “no news is good news approach.” I’m thinking this baby will be similar in size to the other two then.
Besides needing the ultrasound my appointment went well. I had made progress and was now dilated to 2 cm and 60% effaced. The heartbeat was strong at 145. So all there is left to do is wait and get to the hospital timely this go around.
No comments:
Post a Comment