Thursday, September 12, 2013

3rd rather 15th time is the charm

So what was Brynna doing during all the Chuck e Cheese fun…

IMG_8351

Sleeping in the carrier of course. But do you see what is in her mouth? Yes she took a pacifier. I wasn’t holding out any hope that this would continue. She had taken a pacifier here or there before but we hadn’t had success in the last couple weeks. So I was hopeful. Well did the trend continue?

IMG_8389

She took the pacifier on the car ride home which was very much welcomed instead of crying. I couldn’t believe that if it fell out and I put it back in she would easily start sucking again. Okay but this was one night. Doesn’t mean it still wasn’t a fluke.

IMG_8394IMG_8398

What do you know happened the next day? She still took it. She sucked on it during play time, during a car ride, and what I am most excited about, to fall asleep! I got her to fall asleep in the swing and I also rocked her to sleep all because of the pacifier. The success continued into the night when she was having a hard time staying asleep and Troy was able to calm her using the pacifier. Now some people may think it is crazy to want her to become attached to something but for us this is heaven sent. It means mom can feel more comfortable leaving her in the hands of someone else without her being asleep. And even if she was asleep worrying that she would wake up. Let’s hope this continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment