Monday, September 30, 2013

Strawberrylicious 5th birthday party

I can’t believe I almost forgot to post about Sevea’s 5th birthday party. Since I plan to print the blog as a sort of scrapbook for the kids I guess this post is better late than never!

IMG_8288

Sevea celebrated turning half a decade with a Strawberry shortcake themed party. The food was an easier year to plan since I just stuck with anything strawberry or colored red/pink/green. We had red sauce pasta, strawberry chicken poppyseed salad, veggies and fruit with dips, inside-out chocolate covered strawberries, strawberry and cream pinwheels, strawberry shortcake cups, and of course cake and ice cream. Check out the link on the strawberry shortcake if you ever are in the mood for it. It is different than just the normal cake and strawberry with cream topping. The sauce you make for it totally hits the spot. There wasn’t a crumb left of those bad boys.

IMG_8244IMG_8241IMG_8238IMG_8243IMG_8242IMG_8239IMG_8240IMG_8266IMG_8270

It was a really hot day so the kids spent the majority of the time playing in the water. We were so lucky to be able to borrow our friends (Witzel’s) inflatable for the party. The kids had such a fun time and it was a huge hit.

IMG_8250

Sevea was one lucky girl to receive so many great gifts this year. Each year we’re reminded how many people love our little girl.

IMG_8216IMG_8221IMG_8227

The presents are fun and exciting but really the best gift is everyone making the time to celebrate with her. We really really REALLY appreciate everyone coming to make her party so great each year. Happy birthday Sevea!

No comments:

Post a Comment