Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Brynna 4 week update

My baby girl is 4 weeks old. Brynna has changed in a good way these past two weeks. She is now a little more content being awake. From birth to week 2 she pretty much wanted to sleep the entire time. If she was awake she was crabby and we learned it was because she wanted to be asleep. The only issue is that she is hard to get to sleep without nursing. We know this isn’t a good thing to indulge because it severely limits who can put her to sleep and is creating a bad habit. But it works for now and we’ll deal with fixing it later. Just if we could get her to take a pacifier. Thankfully she sleeps pretty well considering. She normally sleeps for 3 hours at a time during the day and then maybe one 4 hour stretch at night followed by 3 hour increments. Some days she’ll have trouble staying to sleep and will cluster feed until she’s fully out. This normally happens early evening and thankfully has yet to happen in the middle of the night. Her time awake is much more enjoyable. She does just fine with tummy time and enjoys looking around. Her biggest issue is with the car seat…in the vehicle. You can carry her in the car seat but as soon as she’s in the vehicle she begins to fuss and cry. Each time we venture out seems to get a little better though. Let’s hope she learns to tolerate it otherwise car trips will not be fun.

IMG_7805IMG_7806IMG_7809IMG_7810

She likes to kick her legs and push off when she’s on her tummy. It was fun to watch her push her way out of tummy time on the pillow. Before I know it she’ll be rolling over and then crawling and everything else that comes with movement. I’m not ready for that!

I’m also not ready to give her a bottle. But I hope to give her one this week. I don’t want to wait too long and she’ll resist taking one. It makes me a little nervous since she isn’t a fan of pacifiers but hopefully the fact that milk is coming out will help the transition. I’m also hopeful maybe she’ll take to a pacifier if she gets used to a bottle.

Even though the ways she’s changed in these last two weeks aren’t huge compared to learning to sit, crawl, or walk they are big for her right now. We’ve loved having a little more awake time with her…that didn’t include crying! I feel like the first year is all about constant change and I’m trying to just take each day with her and cherish it. Because surely tomorrow will be different and I can’t keep her young forever.

IMG_7811IMG_7922IMG_7923IMG_7792IMG_7926IMG_7942IMG_7981IMG_7949IMG_7951IMG_8002IMG_7999

1 comment:

  1. Ah preciousness. It's amazing looking at the pics and seeing how much she has already changed. Plus how each of your kids look alike but definitely have a unique look all to themselves.

    ReplyDelete