Quite the break from my regular posts...oops! We've been so busy with the holidays that I haven't been able to catch my breath. The annual Vikings versus Packers game was the Sunday before Thanksgiving so my family took the opportunity of my brother/sister-in-law being in town to celebrate Christmas together. Holidays can be hectic to begin with but then add on the stomach flu and things get interesting. Sevea came down with the stomach flu on Friday (19th). All of the family had gathered at my sister Carissa's house and unfortunately the Appeldorn's packed up the vehicle early and made our way back home...weren't lucky enough to make the 2 miles home without an incident :( I cherished a little snuggle time with Sevea and she managed to get a decent amount of sleep for being sick. We thought she left the sickness to that night but soon found out we were wrong. Luckily it didn't last much longer and she was almost her usual self by mid morning. I say almost because although we never had any more episodes she sure was still not her normal happy self. This made present time interesting.
Luckily the other kids still loved the present time and enjoyed it enough for her as well.
It was nice being able to fit Christmas in but next year I hope that we don't have to worry about the stomach flu so all of the Appeldorn's can enjoy everything a little more.
poor Sevea! you can tell from the pictures she just wasn't herself....the snuggle time is always nice though :)
ReplyDelete