Sunday, November 14, 2010

Time

We never have enough time. We always think we will have more time. But life happens. 7 years. Time taken from us. It is easy to feel cheated. But I feel grateful. I had 22 years that some don't get. He was a great man. Sure he had his faults but don't we all. We are supposed to learn from them. I know he tried and I know I paid attention too. I miss him. On the anniversary of his death it seems just like any other day. The day he died was just like any other day. So on that day I remember him. But it is those days throughout the year that something reminds me of him when it is most difficult. A simple song on the radio, Sevea saying grandpa when she sees his picture, certain things on t.v., or something as simple as smelling fresh cut grass. There are so many reminders of what I have lost. But those reminders also make me remember everything I had. And those are the things I am grateful for. I love you dad! On 11/12 and every other day till I leave this earth to see you again.

1 comment:

  1. I know that the lessons he taught you live on through the lessons you teach to those all around you everyday; your husband, your daughter, your family, your friends. You are a beautiful, loving, strong and caring person and he helped to shape you. So I remember him too and thank him for all he did to make you an amazing friend. I love you.

    ReplyDelete