Wednesday, April 13, 2011

How to save money while getting exercise

Who doesn't want to save some money? Who doesn't need a little extra exercise in their life? Well Troy and I finally combined the two last night. We went on a walk to Target! I had been mentioning to Troy since last summer that we should take walks to Target or Cub Foods when we only need a few items when it is nice out. It is a great way to get a good walk in. To get to Target it is about 3 miles round trip from our house, Cub Foods we would estimate probably closer to 4 miles or so. It was GREAT! The walk was a wonderful opportunity for us to get some quality time together. Sevea enjoys any time we spend outside. Plus the big thing is we could only buy so much stuff at Target since you have to walk it all home. Granted we have a stroller but those still only hold so much. It is a very common experience to go to Target for a couple items and end up with a couple bags or more of stuff you didn't plan on purchasing...especially since our Target now has groceries. This experience really helped to focus on what we needed and what we (okay I should say I) just thought we needed wanted. I see many more of these walks in our future!

1 comment:

  1. Andrew and I did this once and it so reminds me we need to do it again. Such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete