Friday, April 8, 2011

Week 21 Update

Ultrasound: We had our ultrasound appointment on Monday. I still love every time I get to see the little baby. It was neat to compare this time with Sevea's 20 week. We surely were able to see more this time. But no we did not see the goods or I guess the lack there of. Our technician asked us right away if we wanted to find out the gender and we quickly said no. Then during the visit she said it was time to look away if we didn't want to see something since she was by the butt. It was very tempting to look at the screen but we left that task to Sevea. She'll be good at keeping the secret though...she wasn't interested in looking at the screen :) The ultrasound went well otherwise. We won't hear more about the results until our next appointment but we were told to assume things are good unless we got a call within 24 to 48 hours. Having received no call, we are hopeful all is well. It will be interesting to see if the baby is on track for the due date we have.

The baby stretched out which was different than Sevea. It was neat to see the baby in a ball and full length

So who does it look like? Boy or girl? Exciting surprise!

Kind of looks like the baby is smoking...no no baby :)

The baby is saying 4 more months...plus a couple weeks I hope!
How I am feeling: I am feeling GREAT! I can't believe I am 21 weeks. I'm feeling more pressure or growth so I notice at times I am pregnant more than the weeks before but I still don't "feel" pregnant most days. The heartburn has not set in yet and I couldn't be more thankful. I have even less episodes of it feeling like it might start. It is unbelievable to me after being pregnant with Sevea to say I have not even considered taking a tums yet. Crazy!

Baby bump: So I figured it was about time that I showed the bump off. I thought it would be fun to compare this one to the one I had with Sevea. Could it indicate the same sex or different? I think it is a case of inconsistent factors leading to different results. Sevea I weighed more starting out than I do right now. I also gained more weight with her at this point than I have with this one. So I don't feel like I can compare and really know. But really you can carry different and have the same sex, each pregnancy is different! I anxiously await a more pregnant looking belly...I still feel like I just look fat for the most part. Might be because I carry weight in my stomach normally. Maybe it is just in my own head :) You tell me.
20 weeks with Sevea
20 weeks with 2nd

I only took naked belly shots with Sevea so I figured it best to show a real comparison. But it will be the last naked belly photo. I very much prefer the covered belly look and plan to show those from now on :) Here is a couple of me with the belly covered.
The belly shot hold definitely makes me look more pregnant
There is a bump but if you didn't know you could think I had a big lunch :)

Appointment: Our next appointment is scheduled for Monday April 25th.

Baby Center: Your baby now weighs about three-quarters of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long — the length of a carrot. You may soon feel like she's practicing martial arts as her initial fluttering movements turn into full-fledged kicks and nudges. You may also discover a pattern to her activity as you get to know her better. In other developments, your baby's eyebrows and lids are present now, and if you're having a girl, her vagina has begun to form as well.

Movement: The baby is definitely moving more often. I notice most of the movement when I sit down at the end of the day. This is great timing because Troy is typically sitting right next to me on the couch. It has been great since there were a few good kicks that made me quickly grab Troy's hand and he was able to feel the baby for one. So he has been able to feel the baby a couple times. I'm excited when the baby grows more and kicks even harder for Troy to feel. But it is nice to be at the stage where I feel pretty consistent movement so it eases my mind that things are fine most days.


Well I think that is about all for this update. It is weird to not worry about so much since this is a second child. Especially since I am doing daycare now so we have everything I should need and then some. We do have to consider the move of Sevea to a new room but that will happen once the basement is completed. I'll update on the basement soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment