Thursday, April 21, 2011

New Hair-Do

It hasn't been that long since we last cut Sevea's hair but we kept looking at it and being bothered by the difference from the front to the back. So I just decided one day this week to chop the back off to flow better with the front. It sometimes doesn't seem like too much of an impact but then when we remember how much longer her hair was it surely does. I cut probably an inch and a half to two inches off the back.
Before
After
 
Maybe not the best pictures to show off the new hair cut but the after picture is sure cute. She actually gave me a good smile and eyes open with the chin not towards the ceiling :)

We ventured into new hair-do territory today! I love having a little girl so I can do her hair. I am very very very thankful that she had hair when born and it continued to grow so I can do stuff with it. I think it really really helped to make her so patient and calm when I do her hair. She was used to her hair being "played" with from early on which really helps. I've given her braids but never dove into the french braid until this morning. I don't know what made me try since my nice distraction called Troy had already left for work and she was sort of moody (clinging and whining) after waking up. But we did it and she did really well. It wasn't a full head of hair french braid but a good start and I find the start is always the hardest anyway. I love that we have a new way to keep the growing bangs out of her face and eyes!!!
It was that kind of morning :) You can see more how short the back is now in this picture


I couldn't believe how well it went. One try on each side!

No comments:

Post a Comment