This update will be a short one. Not much to discuss this week.
Feeling: I am still feeling really good. I thought I was going to have to eat my words about heartburn almost immediately after I posted last week. But I only had a few minor episodes that went away almost as quickly as I noticed them. I've had a couple days where I didn't feel great but I think it might have to do with what I ate. Otherwise feeling wonderful and I still often forget I am pregnant.
Growth: I really feel like I am growing now. I think sometimes I forget how different I look since extra weight tends to land in my stomach area normally. I am still wearing all normal clothes but certainly know that some of my jeans should no longer be an option. I'll have to round up all the maternity clothes borrowed out soon enough I am sure. Weight gain wise things are still going much better than with Sevea and I am so grateful. Especially after seeing Carissa and Keeley bounce back like no bodies business. I can only hope for that instead of it taking over a year to lose the weight...ugh!
Baby Center: At 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers his body and the deep wrinkles on his skin, which he'll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside his belly, his pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily.
Well I think that is it for this week. Looking forward to our appointment on Monday after Easter. Hearing the baby's heartbeat and hearing encouragement that things are going well will never get old!
No comments:
Post a Comment