Thursday, March 17, 2011
Done!
I can't believe it...I just turned in my last assignments of the quarter, of the year, of my bachelor's degree program! I am done. I am done with worrying about homework every single day. I am done with sacrifices made for the past 15 months. I made it happen. I earned my bachelor's degree! I always knew I could put the work in and was smart enough to do it. But that didn't make it real. I always thought I would go back and finish but life tends to get in the way and honestly school isn't exactly something people tend to look forward to. I am glad my desire was strong enough and that life worked in my favor to make this happen. Many people earn bachelor's degrees but for me I couldn't be more proud. It was a goal and I accomplished it. I struggled trying to make it work with having a family, at one point a full-time job, staying connected with my friends, and trying to still stay sane and happy with things in my life. I am excited for the free time I have available. I am excited about being more emotionally and mentally and physically involved in my life. Sevea and Troy deserve it! It was definitely worth the extra effort the last six months taking on such high course loads so that I have time with Sevea before another distraction enters our lives. I still can't believe that in two weeks I won't have to pick up a school book to do an assignment....I very much look forward to picking up that book my brother bought me for Christmas in 2009. It is the simple things and they are all worth it!
Labels:
Amy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So proud and excited for you! You are such a great example of what you can do if you put your mind to something!! Congratulations :)
ReplyDeleteWay to go sis, you were always smart, you didn't need a degree to show it. I am so proud of you. I am glad it all worked out, I know it can be a lot of stress juggling it all. So when do you officially graduate & get the diploma?
ReplyDeleteGrades should be in on Monday. The ceremony was last Saturday and I choose to skip it, not to mention I was throwing a shower but I wasn't planning to go anyway.
ReplyDelete