Friday, March 25, 2011

Week 19 Update

About time for a pregnancy update as I haven't really shared much about the pregnancy besides the story of before and finding out and telling everyone. I'm not sure that I'll do this weekly but I look forward to using the blog to remember the pregnancy and to keep everyone informed.

How I feel: I feel great right now. This pregnancy is definitely different than Sevea but many things are different as well (I am not working, I already have a child to chase, I weighed less to begin with, etc.) With Sevea I had to eat snacks in order to feel better. I had morning sickness pretty early on but only lasted till the beginning of the second trimester. This time however eating often made me feel worse. I often felt the worst at night after supper time. The sickness started later, around 10 weeks and lasted till around 15-16 weeks. With both Sevea and this one I can't complain. It really wasn't all that bad and I took being sick as a sign that things were going well.

Currently my only irritation is I get the onset of heartburn. Luckily it hasn't kicked in yet. With Sevea I remember having it almost the whole 2nd trimester and here and there for the 3rd. So far it just seems like I will get it and then goes away. So I haven't dug into the stash of tums yet! Thank goodness because I am not a fan. Thankfully I only experience heartburn while pregnant!! I have some additional tips and tricks from the recent pregnant girls so at least I have more options if it gets worse.

Weight Gain: For me I am thankful for this category. With Sevea the constant snacking really started me off on a bad foot. I was really hoping to keep my weight gain in check this time and the morning sickness I had this time surely seems to have helped. We'll see how well the rest of the pregnancy goes considering it will be summer and I may have one to ten more smore's than normal thinking it is okay :)

Baby bump: I am growing! I feel fat in a lot of things and can just tell that my stomach is getting bigger. But right now it still looks a lot like I am fat versus pregnant. (Or so I think..hehe) I'm still wearing all of my normal clothes although some of the shirts just don't feel as comfortable. Thankfully losing the 13 lbs before getting pregnant this time should allow me to wear my normal jeans for a little while longer. Not to mention I do have some "fat" pants from after I had Sevea. But we'll see what ends up being comfortable....I loved maternity clothes so I am sure they will win out soon enough :)

Baby Center: I love the website babycenter.com. I always love reading the weekly updates and I know many other moms feel the same way. Here is what my email had to say for the week:
Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.
Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large heirloom tomato. Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.

Movement: I love this part of pregnancy! I swear I felt movement before 16 weeks when they say you typically can first feel it, some even say between 18-22 weeks. I felt movement with Sevea at 16 weeks but performed my stomach crunching technique to first feel her. That did not work this time around. But I still felt pretty sure around 15 weeks that the movements I was feeling were indeed not gas or anything else. The movements have been even more apparent lately. Last night was the first time where I felt a ton of little kicks in a row. I am taking the time to cherish each movement I feel and to remember how blessed I am to be carrying this child. I can't wait to feel the bigger kicks soon and compare how much this child moves in comparison to Sevea.

Well that is my long update for the week! My next appointment is on Monday March 28th. I look forward to knowing everything is going well and we'll schedule the ultrasound for very soon. We aren't going to find out the gender of this baby ahead of time but we very much look forward to seeing how the baby is doing.

1 comment:

  1. I loved reading about all of this!!! Thanks for sharing! Looking forward to the weeks ahead and eventually meeting your little one :)

    ReplyDelete