Monday, March 21, 2011

Shower Fun & Babies

With babies on the way we had a great time celebrating with baby showers. First was my friend Keeley who was due with twins on May 1st. Michelle and Erin Claire did a great job of hosting a brunch shower with a pea pod theme. Keeley had a great turnout and received many wonderful gifts. Those babies are surely blessed and loved. We enjoyed some egg bake, sausage & apple meatballs, fresh fruit, and punch. Unfortunately I concentrated on the event and not the pictures so I don't have any. But trust me it was all delicious and we had a great time. Learned that Target makes some cute cupcake "cake" creations as well even though they don't follow your orders. It was soooo good I had to eat two and bring home Sevea one. I "had" to!! :)

Next up we celebrated Carissa's upcoming arrival due April 16th. When Carissa first found out she was pregnant I thought of doing a bee theme and it turned out great. Michelle suggested a very fitting meal for the couple, pasta! It was perfect considering every big moment in their relationship has pretty much centered around pasta...I can't account for the actual baby making :) Not only was the meal a good idea but it proved to make all of our jobs easier. The food could just sit in the crock pots. Michelle did an excellent job with three different kinds of pasta including a choice of butter, marinara, and sun-dried tomato pasta. There was a choice of veggies, chicken, and tiny meatballs to top your selections. We had garlic bread made by Michelle and two large trays of veggies and dip. Keeley's husband Matt also brought some life party mix that everyone enjoyed. Then there was desserts!!! Keeley made cupcakes in yellow and black. Angie contributed fruity pebble bars and special k bars. I made some bee cookies and then a bee hive cake. I was so happy with the cake. It was a favorite of Carissa's and that says a lot since she doesn't love cake. It was lemon with a raspberry whipped filling with a buttercream frosting. She raved about it so I knew I did something right. My job was a success!! We played some games and of course Carissa opened some great gifts. All of this happened while the boys enjoyed some poker, beer pong, and watching some guy tv. It was a great time for the boys to be boys especially before the baby comes.



Sevea and I were both festive in our black and yellow!

The shower went well and now the excitement of the birth of the babies comes next!!

You may have noticed I said Keeley was due May 1st not is due. The due date no longer matters since the babies are here!! Regan and Weston were born on March 16th at 7:26 and 7:27 to the happy parents. They were born a little earlier than planned but both babies are breathing on their own and doing well. Keeley is recovering and surely not going to miss the swollen ankles/feet she developed. The babies have some time to spend in the hospital but it is such a blessing to have them as healthy as they are. God and so many people love them so much already. They have bright futures ahead of them and I can't wait to watch them grow!! Sevea did something really cute the other day and I thought of Keeley and how she will get to experience these moments. I am so happy for both Keeley and Matt that they get to enjoy all that parenthood will bring.

1 comment:

  1. YUMMMMMMY CAKE!!!!!!! I wonder if I will ever stop raving about it. UMMM UMMM GOOD!!!

    ReplyDelete