Two of our friends, Michelle and Chris, recently purchased a townhome and have done some remodeling. They boys were planning to complete the hardwood flooring project so I thought this would be a great time to share the news. However I expected all the girls to hang out while the boys worked. Not all the girls got to share in this sweet treat but they enjoyed seeing the picture.
| This was the desert plate I presented to the girls! |
| Troy brought this plate over for the boys to enjoy! |
Carissa, Katie, and I share a love for scrapbooking and try to take two weekends out of the year to scrapbook together (most often the only time we do it..oops!) I used my idea of when I was pregnant with Sevea to tell Carissa for Katie this time around.
| I made this as she sat there but since I was working on Sevea's book she didn't think anything of it. We often ask for advice on our pages and Katie had nothing to change about this page :) |
My other brother has some different favorites when you consider candy. I was thinking about things he liked and thought about circus peanuts (these are not as easy to find as they once were). I thought this would be a great choice for Ryan and in the end a funny story will be remembered along with it.
I love my sister-in-law Leslie even more now! Ryan isn't easily surprised and so she took an opportunity to play a little trick on him. He was at work when the package arrived but Leslie opened the mail and discovered the great news. Instead of leaving the mailing package (and the pregnancy announcement) for him to see she just left this package only. The two of them have a daughter, Adelyn, who was born in June. So when Ryan saw this package he assumed it was Leslie who was pregnant. She let him stir with this thought for about an hour. She then showed him the pregnancy announcement and he assumed not only was Leslie pregnant but I was as well. I can say she really did surprise him...I just hope he has recovered :)
Finally the announcement that we sent to all our other family and friends.
The news is out and we definitely look forward to sharing the rest of our journey!
No comments:
Post a Comment