Wednesday, March 16, 2011

More to share

Up next to learn of our news was the Buchert's and my mom/Gary. It was Brezlyn's birthday at the beginning of February so we decided this was the time to share the news. Carissa helped with the idea for Angie and it was very fitting!
I filled a basket full of mini items that Angie loves. A small bottle of coke, small cookies, and mini candy bars. What a sweet way to announce the news :) She loved it and was excited for the growing family.

Next up were the grandparents. We knew the timing to tell Troy's parents would work out well for early birthday gifts. We gave them each t-shirts that we weren't able to get in time for Christmas and included a card. The front had the following:


Then the middle said: 

We know you aren't 2 years old but 2 special people wanted to say Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday from Sevea and Baby #2

For my side we thought sharing the news would be fun with a cute Valentine. We had made these when I worked at the daycare and I thought they were too cute not to share.
The funny thing is my mom read the card twice and still just thought it was a cute Valentine. Finally Carissa told my mom to read it again and notice the bottom part. It was cute when she finally saw the real reason for the Valentine :)

1 comment:

  1. You guys are far too creative, I wish I could do all that. Perhaps on our #2 we will get you & Carissa to give us some pointers.

    ReplyDelete