Thursday, March 10, 2011

Lost but not forgotten

We have lost. A loss no one wishes for and no one wants to experience. But it happened. We lost but we cannot forget. Our circumstances definitely made it more difficult. We were ready for baby #2 and were excited to share this experience with friends and family. Carissa announced her pregnancy the second month we were trying so it was an exciting month hoping it would happen for us too. Then my good friend Keeley shared her excitement of pregnancy a couple weeks after Carissa. That weekend turned into even more excitement when I learned I would join the pack. 3 friends all pregnant 2 weeks apart. How exciting and crazy! For Carissa and I it was a dream come true. One month apart, we did it, we made our dream come true. Moments created are still worth sharing.

Sevea got to help surprise daddy!
Blurry picture but he was surprised!
She thought I needed help with homework. Really it announced the pregnancy!

Our excitement turned into sadness a month later. We were losing the baby. I had to let the dream go. The loss was difficult but the circumstances made it incredibly hard. It was more than just losing a baby. It was so much more. I don't dwell on the negative for long so we picked ourselves up pretty quickly and were forced to wait. The waiting was the difficult part. We were told 3 months was best but after a lot of research and emotional digging we decided one month after the miscarriage that we felt in our hearts it was better to move on and that meant quit waiting. Even through heartache we knew to keep positive since we had experienced short periods of trying for a baby. We hoped for the best and did what we had to do. And like they say, the rest is history :)

2 comments:

  1. We are so excited for addition of a 2nd little one in the Appeldorns. I wasn't aware of your loss & feel very sad for what happened. All things happen for a reason & God has a plan for everyone. Glad you guys handled it strongly & as a family. I am glad you could get right back at it, good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you decided to share this here. It is definitely something to remember and to work through, sometimes writing it out helps. I love you and hope you know I'm here always!!

    ReplyDelete